This article describes how to resolve 70% of issues related to Apache Casandra that is bundled with Upsource and used for data storage.
- Cassandra gets restarted on a regular basis
- New commits are not getting indexed
- Some (all) revisions are stuck in "indexing in progress" state
Our statistics show that the most common reason for Cassandra failures is lack of memory assigned to it. Here are the steps on how to increase it:
- Open <Upsource_home_dir>\conf\cassandra directory
- Copy cassandra.jvmoptions.dist into cassandra.jvmoptions (remove .dist from name)
- Open cassandra.jvmoptions
-Xmx5000min the file and save it
- Make sure you have enough memory/swap on the host
- Restart Upsource
If this didn't help, please submit a request with attached logs to the Upsource team.